Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

There has been a lot of hype about the hard winter forecasted this year.  After our lovely storm at Thanksgiving, I was okay not seeing any snow for a month.  
The snow was supposed to start falling Tuesday afternoon, but it didn't start until we were driving home from Emma's birthday dinner.  Within a few hours, the ground was covered.  A 5:25 wake up call meant a snow day was in store for us!  Claire came over to hang out and the kids had a blast playing outside in the very WET snow.


I actually caught Emma with her tongue out leaning towards this pole.  After hollering at her, I caught her sheepish grin in this picture. :)
 
Claire and her JUMBO mittens. :)
 Giving Emma a little push down the hill.
 Helping move the snow off the storm drain at the bottom of our hill.
 Hey Emma!  Try putting your face in the snow!
 Okay!
 Having fun sledding-soon followed by some hot chocolate.

No comments: