Emma and I had our first mother/daughter trip to San Antonio. When we went through security at the Seattle airport, Emma told the TSA agent, "I'm going to Texas to see my Godmother." :) Mandy and I packed up our cars in the summer of 2001 and moved to San Antonio for our semester of student teaching. Mandy stayed there, fell in love, moved to Nashville for a few years, and just moved back to San Antonio. I was ecstatic when Chris gave us tickets to Texas for a New Year's adventure!
Emma hanging out in the airport...
The first cactus that Emma spotted - we had to take a photo!
Enjoying a game of Chutes and Ladders with Mandy and Dennis.
Dinner at Chachos-it was just as good as I remembered!
Emma and Mirabel hanging out.
Emma was looking for a pinata for her birthday party. If only we could have fit one of these big guys in our suitcase!
Feeding Mirabel...
Enjoying the sunny afternoon at their neighborhood park.
Happy New Year toast!
Emma taught Mirabel all about Snow White.
We visited the park where Mandy and I always went walking and jogging.
Sunday morning walk along the famous Riverwalk.




No comments:
Post a Comment