Tuesday, February 26, 2019

40th in London!

I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my 40th birthday, than spending it in my favorite city in the world!
After Chris finished coaching basketball Saturday afternoon, we flew to London.  
Sunday morning we walked through Kensington Gardens
 Then we took a tour through a special exhibit, Diana: Her Fashion Story at Kensington Palace
It was amazing to see many of her iconic dresses up close and personal!
 We strolled past the Royal Albert Hall where they were preparing for the BAFTA awards later on that night!
 Buckingham Palace
 Parliament
One of many pub stops throughout the weekend!
 We fought Monday morning rush hour traffic to get to Windsor Castle. The grounds were gorgeous and it was a bright, sunny day. The audio guide tour was one of the best I've been on! There was a special exhibit for Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding (including her dress and his uniform). 
Here we at the front entrance of St. George's Chapel
 The royal family's residence wing of Windsor Castle
 As if the weekend couldn't get any better, this was the grand finale!
 The cast was beyond talented and I am still in awe of the creative genius of Lin-Manuel Miranda!
Watch out 40, I have arrived!

No comments: