One of the great opportunities we have living here in Naples is hosting seminarians and deacons from the Pontifical North American College
Each year, some of the 3rd and 4th year students come down to our parish. We had a wonderful time hosting Deacon Matt & Seminarian John last year, and Deacon Mike & Seminarian Mark this year. I am bummed that I don't have pictures with all our guests, but I finally got some pictures when Mark stayed with us 2 weekends earlier this month. We have a special connection with Mark because he's from the Archdiocese of Dubuque and grew up in Marion.
Here's Emma teaching Mark about her favorite band, One Direction.
Chris has found a kindred spirit here in Italy - Mark loves the Iowa Hawkeyes as much as he does! They got to watch the Hawks play basketball both weekends.
When Mark came back for his second stay, we put him to work making gyoza :)

No comments:
Post a Comment