I began knitting lesson a few weeks ago and have found a new hobby. :)
Project #1 was knitting a square that would be felted and then turned into a glasses case. Felting wool yarn into a project is a great plan for a beginner like me because all your mistakes disappear!
Here's my square:
After a spin around the washing machine in some hot water...
This was the first time I was actually thrilled to see wool shrink in the washing machine.
This was the first time I was actually thrilled to see wool shrink in the washing machine.
During my last lesson I learned how to stockinette (knit stitch on one side, pearl stitch on the other side). I decided to use up the rest of my red wool yarn and practice on a scarf for Emma's American Girl Doll.
My photographer, Emma, took a picture of me knitting poolside this afternoon
My trusty knitting buddy...
After a few hours of work...
No comments:
Post a Comment