Friday, April 1, 2011

Kids' Camp Deployment

For the 4th year, Chris has played a key roll organizing Naval Base Kitsap's Kids' Camp Deployment day during spring break.  This year 231 kids (including Miss Emma Louise Kasparek) enjoyed a day of fun at Island Lake Camp.


A man with a megaphone...
 I think we've found THE outfits for our first night out in Naples! 
 Emma working out during "Boot Camp." 
 I'm having fun, Mom!
 Chris and his wonderful co-mastermind, Kathy.
 Emma's favorite part of the day was learning how to march...

Chelsea and Chris showing their UNI school spirit...
 Emma was sooooo excited that her dear friend, Kenneth, was in her group yesterday.  They hadn't seen each other since their days at preschool at Jackson Park.
 Emma test driving the big rig!
 I left the camp early to pick up Camden so we could be at the homecoming.  Here's Camden adding to our welcome home sign...

 The leader of the troops arriving home!
 Emma was in awe of all the people-it was just like a real homecoming!

 Commander Travers congratulating Chris and Kathy on an outstanding deployment!
 Quite a pair! :)

No comments: