Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tree Trimmin' '09

The star on our Advent Calendar moved to 23 today, so it was definitely time to get our Christmas Tree! We headed to the tree lot this evening and picked out a real beauty (too small in Chris's eyes, but it didn't require both of us shoving it through the front door like last year's tree!)
Last night I unboxed and unwrapped all the ornaments. Emma and Camden snacked on popcorn and watched diligently as we talked about where each ornament came from and who it was given to. Emma and Camden love their First Christmas ornaments and I am excited to see my growing Snoopy collection each year.
There is a pair of fragile gingerbread people in an old tattered box that I get out each year just to smell. They are from Avon circa 1985 and hung on the Seaward family Christmas tree for years. The smell of those ornaments brings back so many holiday memories. I hope that the smell stays with those ornaments forever.
As for Christmas 2009, here are some memories we made tonight...






2 comments:

Lindi said...

fun times! your hair is getting really long...it looks nice!

renee said...

MY GOODNESS>>>>>Vanessa has longer hair than Emma AND Gavin! WOW! I think it is longer tan mine too..I like it! Love the pics. We decorated our tree last night too! FUN FUN FUN! As we pulled out our snoopy ones we told the boys about you guys....and Mr. Socks as well! Hope your holiday keeps getting brighter and brighter! Hope the power circuit in SEATTLE doesn;t blow Saturday!