Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mount Saint Helens

On Thursday my teaching partner in crime, Cindy, and I headed down to Mount St. Helens on a scouting trip for an upcoming field trip with our 3rd and 4th graders. We thought our adventure would be more fun with our little guys, Gavin and Camden. Dora and Diego shows were a blessing in the car and they boys had a great time exploring the park. Who needs to stay on the path to the visitors center when you can climb through the landscape and find a cool leaf?
(I think Eugene tucked under his arm is the best part of this picture!)
Camden was a little bummed he couldn't climb to the top of the model mountain...
"Mommy, Wook! A Balcano!"
Camden and I checking out the magnificent landscape after the big explosion 29 years ago.

1 comment:

The Haynes Family said...

so cool!! what's more awesome than a "bolcano" trip?! looks like fun - I bet even Dora would be jealous :)